Operations and technicians
Wind Farm Control Room Operator
Imagine a future where you monitor, troubleshoot, and remotely operate a range of generation and transmission assets in the world’s largest offshore wind fleet
Join us in this role where you’ll support GSCC on our journey to building a Global Asset Surveillance Centre and Regional Generation Control Points. You’ll use our diagnostic tools, processes, and control systems to monitor our global offshore wind assets, troubleshooting and remotely operating a range of turbine platforms and substations. As part of a shift of operators, you’ll be responsible for alarm surveillance and response, control and coordination of our power export, and communication and coordination with our sites, traders, grid authorities, and other operations colleagues.
Welcome to Generation Surveillance & Support
You’ll be part of Generation Surveillance & Control Centre where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure our assets perform safely, in compliance with UK and EU power regulations, and to their maximum availability. You’ll monitor and control generation and transmission assets across the UK and Europe, with new projects under development in the US and APAC. As a team, we take pride in being an approachable and caring team which pushes continuous improvement whilst remaining professional, maintaining a calm and discipline work environment and embracing learning opportunities.
You’ll play an important role in:
- using diagnostic tools, processes, and control systems to promptly react to a range of events on the assets under the control of the GSCC
- providing expert advice to colleagues regarding WTG operations and BOP alarm management, diagnosing problems where possible and escalating through diagnostics specialists where required
- handling, assessing, and deploying proactive condition monitoring model events to predict developing failures before they occur
- providing control point services, incl. regulation of power plant output, intertripping services, REMITs/ETRs, trading point services, and condition reporting
- ensuring our company’s QHSE standards, cyber security rules, and compliance parameters are constantly upheld.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience in power generation, technical system engineering or troubleshooting, or in a control room setting
- have strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills, incl. use of SCADA to develop and deploy remote diagnostic processes
- are able to work as part of a 24/7 shift environment with our ambitious team of operators
- are proactive and keen to identify and implement improvement initiatives and share best practice across the department
- are a strong communicator and capable of handling multiple high-priority tasks at the same time.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than [[applicationDeadline]]. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact [[vpOfStaffingName]], [[contactPersonTitle]], on [[vpOfStaffingPhone]] from Tuesday to Thursday between 13:00-16:00 GMT, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.