Engineering and construction
Head of HVC Array Cable Engineering
Imagine a future where you lead a team of highly skilled engineers working with array cable supply, termination, and cable protection system contracts globally
Join us in this role where you’ll be leading our newly established HVC Array Cable Engineering team. You’ll be heading a talented team of 15 employees based at our offices in Gentofte, London, East Coast Hub, Edinburgh, Boston and Kuala Lumpur. The department supports the company’s offshore strategy by providing strong engineering of array cables and CPS supplies, ensuring high-quality deliveries to our asset projects in maturation and execution.
Welcome to HV Cables You’ll be part of a diverse, dynamic, and ambitious HVC Engineering and Inspection team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for the overall project engineering of array cable supply & termination and CPS contracts. You’ll help your team members perform efficiently and ensure close cross-organisational collaboration with colleagues across Europe, the US, and APAC, while delivering project scope on time, on budget, and of high quality. As a team, we share complementary skills and common commitment to delivering high-quality work, while advocating value-added activities that will reinforce the business and department strategies.
You’ll play an important role in:
· leading a team of engineers, fostering a collaborative and high-performing environment
· developing and executing HVC engineering and inspection strategies aligned with business goals
· overseeing the implementation of projects, both maturation and execution, ensuring timely delivery and delivering high-quality products
· collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive cohesive project execution, innovation, and continuous improvement
· managing departmental tasks and resources effectively.
To succeed in the role, you:
· hold a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent as a minimum, or have experience in high voltage cable engineering, manufacturing, termination, or testing
· have a proven experience leading a successful engineering team, with a focus on team member growth and well-being
· have a good technical background in high voltage cable engineering, manufacturing, termination, or testing
· thrive working in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with diverse stakeholders
· are an excellent communicator who can convey clear verbal and written communication with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving
change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us Send your application to us no later than 10 October 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be visiting your team in either Gentofte, London, East Coast Hub, Edinburgh, Boston or Kuala Lumpur, and interfacing with cable or CPS suppliers either in the US, Europe, or Asia region.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.