Finance and controlling
Senior Financial Controller
Imagine a future where you ensure excellent financial reporting and the daily coordination of finance processes combined with stakeholder management
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the daily cooperation and contact with the external accounting provider for our legal entities in countries, where SAP is not implemented. In this role, you’ll be point of contact between our external accounting provider and various finance departments within the organisation.
Welcome to Financial Accounting and Controlling
You’ll be part of the Financial Controlling team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for delivering high-quality and timely accounting and reporting products within FAC. You’ll be part of a global department, where you’ll be based in our Warsaw office. As a team, we create a workplace culture centred around teamwork and development through close collaboration with our colleagues and stakeholders within and outside of the FAC department. We have a focus on motivation and happiness in our daily work, working as a global and inclusive team whilst respecting diversity.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring that processes agreed with the external accounting provider are performed in a timely and accurate manner
- reviewing transaction listing, monthly trial balances, and other relevant entity reporting, incl. indirect and direct taxes reporting
- providing ad hoc transactional information to our stakeholders, supporting vendors, and handling all procurement-related issues
- reviewing employees’ timesheets and coordinating with project controllers and service providers for recharging of hours where relevant
- reviewing and updating payroll calculations and claiming forms for credit cards, out of pocket expenses, and per diems, and providing the external accounting provider with these.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are good at stakeholder management
- have an analytical and logical approach to issues
- have experience working in a public accounting firm or an accounting department in an international company
- communicate clearly in writing, incl. being adept at communicating financial issues in a straightforward manner
- possess thorough knowledge of IFRS, from both a theoretical standpoint and even more so from a practical and operational point of view
- speak and write English fluently at an academic level.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 October 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jane Kristensen, Director, on (Denmark +45) 99552831, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.