Engineering and construction
Electrical Engineering Graduate for high voltage power transmission
Step into a career where you learn about the challenges and solutions within renewable energy, while rotating through three teams in Denmark and the U.S.
The Ørsted Global Graduate Program is designed to unleash your potential and give you the unique opportunity of a fast-tracked career in Ørsted. We offer you an intense two-year developmental journey where you’ll learn from experts within your field and get international project experience, tools to drive innovation, and a strong cross-functional network with other talents.
The Graduate journey
Our Graduate Program consists of two-three rotations, where you’ll solve business challenges, take responsibility for your own assignments, and engage in our day-to-day business decisions.
In your first rotation, you'll be part of the Protection team responsible for planning, designing, and purchasing electrical equipment for onshore and offshore substations of wind farms. You'll join a team of skilled specialists working with the protection of the transmission system in our substations. Your second rotation will be in Wind Turbine Components, a team of specialists in turbine-related areas e.g., mechanical, electrical, and blades specialists, who set the technical requirements to our wind turbine suppliers, analyze technical risks to minimize potential impact to our business execution and support Operations. You’ll learn about the generator, converter, and transformer that make up the turbines electrical system. For your third rotation, you’ll join the High Voltage Cable Specialists department. Here, you’ll work together with a global team of electrical, mechanical, and monitoring specialists, and contribute to deliver optimized and reliable high voltage cable solutions for our offshore wind farms.
You’ll play an important role in:
- performing current and voltage transformer calculation to go into high-voltage equipment specifications
- analyzing electrical faults on high voltage systems and verifying protection settings
- performing data analysis of operating wind turbines and supporting building and improving our electrical turbine components models
- calculating high-voltage cable ampacities and validating cable system designs
- participating in factory testing.
To succeed in this role, you:
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree relating to electrical- or renewable energy engineering
- have worked with power generation and transmission in your studies or internships
- are interested in working with electrical infrastructure and passionate about renewable energy
- are self-organized, curious, and ambitious
- have personal drive combined with both an analytical and responsible approach to your work
- can handle several tasks simultaneously and thrive in a changeable environment.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
The best first step you’ll ever take
Send your application, CV, and most recent grade transcripts as soon as possible and no later than October 23, 2023. We’ll conduct interviews shortly after.
Please don’t hesitate to write to email@example.com if you have any questions. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Step closer to a career as a graduate in Ørsted
In Ørsted, we help accelerate your talent into an international career within your professional field. See our Global Graduate Program overview, read more about the recruitment process, and find out how you can help us turn visions into reality.