Operations and technicians
Project and Contractor Manager, Transmissions
Imagine a future where you ensure our contractors and projects operate under the highest standards of QHSE, while managing a successful service delivery
Join us in this role where you’ll support the lead project and contractor manager(s) and the project activities in their regional hubs. These regional hubs include various scopes affiliated with the onshore and offshore substations, transmission systems related to turbine (WTG), Balance-of-Plant (BoP) service and maintenance that aren’t being delivered as part of the central maintenance campaigns, and troubleshooting provided by the operational site teams. The delivery will be across single sites or the entire region, and the project and contractor manager is responsible for the alignment of project execution and third-party expenditure within operations.
Welcome to Operations
You’ll be part of our Site Support team where you, together with your colleagues, will integrate our site operations teams for our North East wind farms, working closely with the global operations teams. The core responsibilities are managing project work for high- voltage transmission systems and associated sub-systems in the region and single sites, and aiding in managing all external expenditure, in conjunction with several support functions in back office and relevant stakeholders. As a team, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being responsible for communicating customers’ time, quality, and cost, along with health, safety, and environment requirements to project teams in order to drive productivity, performance, and safety
- acting as point of contact for our operations teams for specific transmission and substation project work and queries
- managing the contracts for the maintenance of onshore and offshore substations, transmission systems, and other applicable systems within the region, and ensuring collaboration and alignment with key internal stakeholders
- ensuring the continuous improvement of projects on site by capturing lessons learnt, and feeding these through to our support functions and assisting with the update of processes, as necessary
- leading contractor project meetings, incl. kick off, mobilization, execution, and close-out with internal team and suppliers.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have at least five years’ experience with project management or project delivery
- are a strong team player
- have the ability to motivate others to assist in the delivery of their own objectives
- have experience with onshore or offshore substations
- ability to take responsibility and ensure projects are adequately resourced on site.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than December 31, 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.