Operations and technicians
Offshore Crane / Davit Fleet Engineer
Imagine a future where you ensure optimal execution of offshore wind farm maintenance by being a high-performing specialized Crane & Lifting Specialist
Join us in this role where you’ll maintain and repair our wind turbines while contributing positively to our safety culture. You’ll work with our engineering specialists to enhance our wind farm performance.
Welcome to Operations America
You’ll be part of our Northeast Program Operations team where you, together with your colleagues, will report to the Operations Management team, receive internal and OEM training, be exposed to the latest technologies in offshore wind and experience a unique work and lifestyle. As a team, we take great pride in providing comprehensive O&M services to the wind farms, delivering best-in-class outcomes for our customers.
You’ll play an important role in:
- acting as subject matter expert for cranes and lifting apparatus, incl. operation and all material handling equipment, such as cranes, davits, hoists, and etc
- handling regulatory and statutory certifications, as necessary, to carry out inspections
- creating and reviewing lifting plans
- ensuring recovery procedures for all cranes onsite
- reviewing onsite lifting operations documentation
- reviewing lifting operations with the technicians and vessel crew.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant educational background or qualification, incl. OEM crane and/or lifting experience
- Knowledge/certification with API-RP-2D Standards is a plus (will support achieving this otherwise)
- are ready and comfortable working offshore and passing all necessary training and associated medicals, such as GWO, Sea Survival, HUET, GUS, and etc
- can prioritize your own workload and organize your time and tasks efficiently
- have a flair for IT
- will be expected to reach the minimum competence requirements within the given timeframe, being <6 months from hire.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than [].
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do regular travelling in relation to your work, and at times may need to work 12-hour shifts/day on rotations of up to 14 consecutive days offshore as needed.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.
Relocation assistance will be considered for this role.