Engineering and construction
Senior HV Asset Integrity Specialist
Imagine a future where you’re part of the integrity of the Offshore Wind Transmission System team
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the integrity of the HV asset within the off/onshore substations for some of our future US windfarms. You’ll play a key role in determining and optimising the maintenance needed for new transmission systems and optimising the scope, based on RCM principles.
Welcome to Asset Integrity Management, Transmission Systems, High Voltage
You’ll be part of Transmission Systems team where you, together with your colleagues, will drive the integrity cases affecting the assets and recommend the best solution to ensure that the asset can be operated safely with the optimal business case throughout the asset lifecycle. To solve the integrity cases, we work closely together with a large number of stakeholders, the joint ventures, the sites, the HUBs in the regions, warranty, procurement, and the original equipment manufacturer. You’ll have a special focus on: MAP projects, OPEX costing Forms, NERC, and US HV SLA. As a team, we work closely together to share knowledge and experiences across the team. By learning together, we improve the integrity of the +23 sites in the three regions.
You’ll play an important role in:
- driving changes in maintenance to ensure optimal performance of the asset, as well as technical integrity issues and projects related to the HV AC and HV DC asset e.g., transformers, relays, and reactors
- providing technical O&M HV knowledge to our projects under development and execution in the US, incl. defining the O&M NERC Requirements and O&M technical documentation review to ensure the project is ready
- defining the technical scope of works for Service Agreements to suppliers and joining the technical clarification for tenders, as well as taking responsibility of the OPEX budget updates
- defining and identifying O&M requirements for the HV systems for newer projects
- identifying improvement opportunities, e.g., for digital inspection processes across Ørsted Transmission assets.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an engineering degree within offshore wind, HV system engineering, or similar
- have experience from the offshore wind industry within HV AC and HV DC assets, preferably from working at site or in a back-office maintenance function
- have experience from conducting Reliability-Centred Maintenance Analysis and applying the results, as well as knowledge of the NERC PRC-5 requirements
- have good communication skills and an analytical approach to your work.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 May 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
For DK, the Netherlands, and the UK, please don’t hesitate to contact Henriette Molberg Knutzen, Head of Transmission Systems, on (Denmark +45) 99559150 on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 11:00-13:00 GMT; GMT Standard Time, if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.