Strategy and business development
Lead Business Developer in the heat and power markets
Imagine a future where you develop and drive business development activities within heat, power, and ancillary services markets
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for driving our regulatory interests within the district heating sector in Denmark. You’ll use your strategic mindset and negotiation skills to identify and pursue market opportunities within the power and ancillary services markets, present them for senior management, and negotiate solutions with Danish authorities and TSOs. Participation in external forums with the purpose of nurturing relations and identify business opportunities, as well as impacting market design will also be part of the role.
Welcome to Bioenergy
You’ll be part of Markets Development & Regulation where you, together with your colleagues, will work to create and influence market designs relevant to our portfolio of combined heat and power stations in Denmark. We operate in a regulatory-commercial-technical space where we use our deep knowledge on heat, power, and carbon markets to bring the business forward on our journey to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. You’ll also have a strong collaboration with Trading Floor, heat contract managers, Bioenergy Fuel, as well as with our regulatory team. As a team, we are openminded and inclusive specialists. We have a strong collaboration both within the team, but also across Bioenergy. We enjoy a good laugh and a good atmosphere in a dynamic working environment
You’ll play an important role in:
- driving district heating regulation and securing organisational support
- creating an overview of commercial activities in the power and ancillary services markets and developing a strategy going forward
- identifying and executing on possible business opportunities within power and ancillary services markets
- identifying and executing on possible business opportunities within regulatory know-how.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a master’s degree within finance, engineering, political science, or similar
- have strong knowledge of and experience in the heat, power, and ancillary services markets
- excel in relation management/networking and negotiation skills
- have a strategic and commercial mindset
- are systematic and structured
- are fluent in English and preferably Danish.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 5 February 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Randi Skytte, Senior Manager, on (Denmark +45) 99558148, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.