Engineering and construction
Senior Blades & Composite Engineer
Imagine a future where you optimise our wind turbine technology and create a world that runs entirely on green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll be an essential player in evaluating state-of-the art blade designs and technologies, with a focus on composite manufacturing and materials, as well as load and aerodynamic performance enhancing features. You’ll be working in close contact with the wind turbine suppliers in preparing turbines for our future wind farms. You'll be responsible for managing an array of technical matters, with a focus on blades and other composite components.
Welcome to Wind Turbine Components
You’ll be part of Wind Turbine Components team where you, together with your colleagues, will support the business throughout the value chain, incl. evaluation of emerging technologies, technical qualification of wind turbine suppliers, procurement negotiations, participation in wind farm projects, and support to the operation of our wind farms. We do this by facilitating and influencing industry standards, setting technical requirements for our wind turbine suppliers, analysing risks, identifying risk barriers, and developing performance improvements. You’ll be part of a team of 15 specialists responsible for all mechanical and electrical parts of the wind turbine. As a team, we engage with the desire to understand and influence the wind industry, our suppliers and their solutions, as well as our internal stakeholders and their needs. We follow up on risks to minimise potential impact to our business execution.
You’ll play an important role in:
- gathering technical requirements for wind turbine contracts in alignment with internal stakeholders, incl. wind farm operation and Technical Risk management
- taking part in quality assurance of project deliveries from our wind turbine suppliers by converting technical risks into requirements for test and inspection
- following up on technical issues during design, manufacturing, and installation, while working together with internal and external stakeholders
- leading blades-related R&D activities involving internal and external industry stakeholders and being a part of Ørsted Blade Competence Centre
- supporting Operations with troubleshooting, lifetime assessments, technical changes, and other initiatives for reducing the maintenance cost or extending the lifetime of turbines.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering, or a similar technical background
- have experience with composites design and/or manufacturing, preferably from the wind turbine blade industry
- preferably have a good insight into quality management and reliability of wind turbine blades through specifications for materials, manufacturing processes, inspections, testing, and verification in view of known failure modes and service strategies
- are proactive in your communication by involving stakeholders in discussions and taking ownership of your own and colleagues’ deliverables and contributions
- challenge the status quo to encourage the team to perform at its best
- thrive in an international environment and are experienced in creating good relationships with your internal and external stakeholders.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 20 February 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Irina Sova, Head of Wind Turbine Components, on , if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.