Engineering and construction
Lead Grid Connection Manager
Imagine a future where you work in a highly skilled team designing and ensuring the electrical interconnection of some of the largest offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for conceptualizing the electrical systems of wind farms and leading the interconnection process from application through commissioning.
Welcome to Americas Offshore Engineering
You’ll be part of the Electrical System Design & Grid Integration function where you, together with your colleagues, will collaborate with our international team consisting of highly skilled professionals responsible for the design and interconnection of our offshore wind projects. As a team, we embrace a culture of open and honest communication. We aspire to consistently develop and improve through feedback and collaborative knowledge sharing, with an innovative and a commercial mindset.
You’ll play an important role in:
- coordinating between external and internal stakeholders, incl. transmission operators, system operators, and project teams
- ensuring the electrical design is compliant with US interconnection codes and standards along with transferring technical requirements back to the design teams in Europe
- managing the interconnection study process from initial application through the large generator interconnect agreement
- following industry developments regarding offshore interconnections, incl. participation in system operator planning committees
- supporting projects and business development opportunities in the US
- reviewing the PSS/E and PSCAD studies, preparing electrical system design reports and grid code compliance testing and verification.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s, or preferably a master’s degree, in electrical engineering and 5+ years of experience in interconnecting utility scale energy facilities in the Northeast US
- have a solid understanding of electrical system modelling and simulation tools e.g., PSS/E, PSCAD, Power Factory, or similar
- understand electrical design considerations of wind farms along with familiarity with wind turbines and their control systems
- be acquainted with electrical grid code requirements and interconnection processes for large generator assets in the NYISO region
- thrive in an international environment with the ability to convey complex issues to stakeholders.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than February 15, 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Operations Team, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.