Strategy and business development
Lead or Senior Business Developer (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you drive the growth of Power-to-X (P2X) in new global markets for the world’s most sustainable energy company
Join us in this role where you’ll be a key member of our P2X Business Development team, delivering world-class growth opportunities across geographies and technologies. Ørsted’s P2X industry is in exponential growth, and your decisions will shape the future strategy and footprint of our business. Your success will be supported by talented colleagues across P2X and our leading onshore and offshore clean generation businesses.
Welcome to P2X
You’ll be part of our European P2X Business Development team where you, together with your colleagues, will pursue opportunities to produce green hydrogen and hydrogen derivatives (e-fuels) using renewable electricity. These technologies will be crucial to achieving the world’s decarbonisation goals, and our company is taking a leading role in the transition. The P2X Business Development team is the growth engine for our P2X business. Team members assess cutting-edge business opportunities in Europe, dealing directly with many of the world’s largest and most innovative companies to drive new business development. Our P2X team is a young and dynamic team, and it’s focus on growth will provide you with the ideal platform to grow your career in what is forecast to be the biggest industrial shift in how we produce, store, and consume energy.
You’ll play an important role in:
- analysing and championing new opportunities to identify new P2X business that meet our strategic, economic, and commercial objectives
- supporting the P2X Market lead in Germany and collaborating closely with the German Market Development team in relation to their activities
- coordinating with expert colleagues inside P2X and across our global organisation to enable objective technical and financial assessment of our P2X portfolio
- supporting negotiations with external parties to agree on key commercial terms and architecture
- preparing and presenting recommendations for our executive decision-makers
- driving the handover of P2X projects from commercial conception to our dedicated project development organisation.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have the entrepreneurial and commercial mindset required to bring an entirely new business, product, and technology to the market
- cope positively with uncertainty, as rapid shifts in landscape require agility and the patience to pivot or start again
- are able to think creatively but pragmatically about how we can develop a competitive advantage in a nascent sector
- have exceptional communication skills in German and English, building consensus by developing logic driven proposals
- have experience working within a growth-focused position, ideally in the international power, infrastructure, or energy markets
- have a relevant academic and professional background, e.g., within economics, finance, engineering, management consultancy, or corporate development.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 11 December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Florian Schwarz, Project Development Manager, on (Denmark +45) 99554697 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.