Engineering and construction
Lead Transmission Specialist
Imagine a future where you support our green energy transformation by supervising the operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of our offshore windfarms
Join us in this role where you’ll support our Polish and German programs of offshore wind farms. You’ll be supervising teams that are responsible for high voltage and low voltage commissioning, maintenance, operation, and troubleshooting of equipment in accordance with our electrical safety rules.
Welcome to Electrical Safety
You’ll be part of the Electrical Safety team where you, together with your colleagues, will supervise colleagues operating, maintaining, and repairing equipment throughout the region and you’ll head a team of highly skilled high voltage senior authorized persons. While on site, you’ll report directly to the lead commissioning wind farm manager and your functional line manager for your further development. We cultivate a safety-focused, collaborative, dynamic, and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
You’ll play an important role in:
- maintaining safety of all persons working on or near high voltage electrical equipment throughout commissioning, energisation, testing, and long-term operation of new windfarm facilities
- leading teams of senior authorized persons and providing them with regular work direction
- supporting wind farm commissioning project management in witnessing and executing acceptance tests, energisation, and commissioning scope throughout the construction phase
- fostering a culture of safety at new offshore windfarm facilities in Germany and Poland, as well as mentoring and training team members on our electrical safety rules
- overseeing high voltage electrical installations to wind turbines, offshore substations, HV sub-marine and onshore cables, onshore substations, and grid connections.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have at least seven years of electrical working and maintenance experience operating under a safe system of high voltage work
- have at least three years working experience within onshore substation systems
- have experience managing high voltage switching activities up to 400 kV
- are willing to work offshore during commissioning time periods and able to clear medical checks and safety training programs as required by Global Wind Organisation (GWO) standards
- become certified as a senior authorized person under our electrical safety rules and subsequently trained to become a lead senior authorized person.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 15 December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Joergen Elmstroem, Head of Electrical Safety, on (+1) 8572751478, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do regular travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be working in different construction sites both offshore and onshore, with onshore locations in Emden in Germany, Warsaw in Poland, and Copenhagen in Denmark.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.