IT and digital
Senior Innovation & Technology Consultant
Imagine a future where you use your technology enthusiasm and experience to explore emerging technologies for business use and drive digital innovation
Join us in this role where you’ll ensure that we scout, inspire, and drive innovation forward through awareness and enablement of emerging technologies to realise business value, providing emerging technology awareness and knowledge transfer across business units. You'll own and populate our Tech Radar displaying a maturity map with a five-year outlook on new technology, regularly communicating the outlook in our Edge Talks where we inspire and showcase how technology can enable use cases and generate tangible value together with business stakeholders.
Welcome to Architecture & Technology
You’ll be part of our Innovation & Technology Centre of Excellence where you, together with your colleagues, will deliver innovation through scouting and driving PoCs/MVPs on desired new technical capabilities that we can mature across our agile delivery vehicles and business units. You’ll have an important role in assessing technologies in a business context to identify the value potential for Ørsted, as we are constantly on the lookout for innovative technologies that can improve our business. Our Architecture & Technology Community consist of 120+ skilled and experienced architects and technology professionals working to ensure great cohesion and establish a platform for high-quality knowledge sharing where we share and retrieve input as well as facilitate Communities of Practices across the discipline.
You’ll play an important role in:
- scouting, inspiring, and driving innovation forward through awareness and enablement of emerging technologies to realise business value
- providing emerging technology awareness and knowledge transfer across business units
- transforming our way of working based on technological insight to enable new and improved ways of utilising technology and build a network of partners and companies
- driving, working with, and documenting technology PoCs against relevant use cases to identify value potential and understand new business opportunities
- consulting based on technological insight and Ørsted IT requirements through rapid prototyping on emerging technologies to guide and advise business and IT on onboarding innovative digital solutions
- working closely with your colleagues and our incubator team to ensure new and emerging technologies are matured and ready for wider adoption.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are a technology enthusiast with a strong technical background and are highly experienced in the domain of innovation and emerging technologies
- are passionate about innovation and technology optimisation, driven by curiosity and integrity, and are comfortable taking on responsibility
- have experience assessing emerging technologies and translating technology potential into business potential
- are a strong networker used to managing vendors, analysing data, and recommending solutions and are a confident presenter that can inspire and engage your audience
- are a great communicator who can present new technologies and have a natural talent for bringing people together and engaging with stakeholders
love designing, or even hacking, prototypes and have experience with Python, C#, or Java and/or have solid hands-on experience with emerging technologies, incl. Edge Computing, Wearables, Digital Twin, BIM/3D Scanning, or AI.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 09 December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jacob Hedegaard-Blaaberg, Head of I & T, domain Ent. & App. Arch CoE, on (Denmark +45) 99554081, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.