Strategy and business development
Business Development Manager
Imagine a future where you grow your talent and originate and secure new onshore renewables opportunities
Join us in this role where you’ll identify, originate, acquire, and support development opportunities and partnerships to fulfil our strategy and goals in Spain.
Welcome to Onshore Spain
You’ll be part of the Spanish Business Development team where you, together with your colleagues, will work within a small but very highly motivated team collaborating on different projects all over Spain where you’ll be responsible for and drive the growth and expansion of the organisation in Spain. Our journey in Spain has just started and you’ll work jointly with the local Spanish development team and engage with colleagues located across Europe on a day-to-day basis.
You’ll play an important role in:
- identifying and originating organic development opportunities, acquisition of project pipelines, and partnerships to fulfil our strategy and goals
- providing necessary support during transaction lifecycle: origination, valuation, due diligence, and deal negotiation and execution with focus on wind onshore and solar PV
- assessing financial attractiveness of opportunities and providing market intelligence and data to support investment decisions
- assisting in structuring business cases and preparing relevant decision-making materials towards internal approval bodies
- monitoring market trends, investments, route-to-market, and levers to gain competitiveness
- supporting commercial initiatives with existing development partners in Spain and with our power-to-X, hydrogen, and offshore wind colleagues.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have 2-5 years of business development, M&A, or project development experience in Spanish onshore wind and solar sector
- possess quantitative skills and understanding of financial valuation and modelling of wind and solar projects
- have the ability to initiate and maintain effective relationships and communication with internal and external stakeholders
- demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit, analytical skills, and are result-oriented
- are a native speaker of Spanish and speak English fluently, additional languages are a plus.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 November 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Carlos Gonzalez Lopez, Lead Business Development Manager, Onshore Europe, on (Spain +34) 662941500, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.