Engineering and construction
Senior LV Power Engineer
Imagine a future where you unleash your potential and contribute to the design and execution of our high voltage AC and DC substations
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the design, quality assurance, and integration of the LV and Utility components into onshore and offshore substations, from the conceptual phase to detailed design and execution.
Welcome to Power Transmission Electrical & Comm. Mgmt.
You’ll be part of Electrical & Mechanical Engineering APAC where you, together with your talented and motivated colleagues, will constantly improve our methods, tools, and best practices for the design of onshore or offshore substations. Your team is spread across the globe, with office locations in Denmark, Poland, the UK, and Malaysia, while other interfacing colleagues are based in Singapore, the US, and Taiwan, amongst other places.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being responsible for the design of LV and utility systems on offshore and onshore substations during all project phases, from concept to FAT on HVAC and HVDC projects
- participating in project team meetings, proactively cooperating and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders
- participating in FAT of main LV and utility systems on onshore and offshore substations
- taking ownership and delivering technical specifications, design basis, lists, and calculations for LV and utility components for both onshore and offshore substations
- identifying technical requirements and ensuring that the deliverables from engineering, fabrication, and principal contractors are of the right quality according to requirements.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have extensive experience with technical design, preferably within offshore substations or offshore oil and gas projects, where experience with wind farm substation projects will be considered an advantage
- have a relevant degree in electrical engineering and are interested in working with electrical design for onshore and offshore substations
- are familiar with tools like ETAP, PowerFactory, DIALux, and ePLAN, and possess extensive experience with relevant international standards
- have hands-on experience with LV power system design and studies, incl. Arc flash studies, selectivity studies, Power Management Study, calculations (short circuit calculation, lighting calculation), equipment sizing, and specifications
- are curious and open to new ways of working with new design processes and are able to collaborate with your team members and all stakeholders
- have a strong analytical approach, enabling you to quickly handle a range of complex tasks.