Engineering and construction
Senior Integrity Specialist, Cables with a drive for monitoring solutions
Imagine a future where you're responsible for the integrity of the high voltage cables in operation on the world’s biggest offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll be our high voltage cable asset integrity expert focused on the integrity of the HV Cable Systems within Array and Export cables. You’ll join the Asset Integrity Management team who plays a key role in the maintenance of the systems. You’ll be part of the team executing the global maintenance strategies, e.g. DTC and DAS monitoring. You’ll be driving digital products and solutions from ideation to early development phases, test of products, and implementation on our assets across the fleet.
Welcome to Asset Integrity Management
You’ll be part of Transmission Systems, Cables where you, together with your colleagues, will drive the integrity cases and recommend optimal solutions to ensure that the asset can be operated safely with the optimal business case throughout the lifecycle. Our team works in close collaboration with many stakeholders, our joint venture partners, the sites, the regions, warranty, procurement, and the original equipment manufacturers, as well as with the many specialist and project managers in our Engineering and Construction departments.
You’ll play an important role in:
- implementing digital cable monitoring solutions
- managing technical integrity issues and projects related to the HV AC and HV DC Cable asset
- providing technical specialist knowledge to our site teams in the UK, Europe, US, and Asia-Pacific
- driving changes in maintenance to ensure optimal performance of the asset.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an engineering degree within, e.g., offshore wind, system engineering, or similar
- have experience from the offshore wind industry within HV AC (and HV DC) Cable asset and preferably experience with implementation and interpretation of Cable monitoring system on site or portfolio
- are self-driven, result-oriented, and have a systematic approach to your work tasks
- have excellent communication skills in English, enabling you to convey complex issues in a simple yet precise manner.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 November 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Henriette Molberg Knutzen, Head of HV & Cables, on (Denmark +45) 99559150 on Mondays and Wednesdays from 08:00-10:00 GMT, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.