Strategy and business development
Imagine a future where you’re overseeing managers and associates on the Development team to mature wind, solar, and storage development assets
Join us in this role where you’ll lead direct reports and teams of subject matter experts in the assessment of potential development prospects and the maturation of existing development assets and provide strategic guidance to the internal team on land acquisition, permitting, and community relations.
Welcome to Development
You’ll be part of the Western Development team, covering parts of MISO, SPP, WECC, and CAISO where you, together with your colleagues, will manage project-level budgets and support the Regional Senior Director in monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasting activities. Moreover, you’ll develop strategic plans for permitting and community acceptance, and establish and manage relationships with elected officials, regulators, and other local stakeholders to deliver de-risked projects, starting from greenfield and finishing with shovel-ready assets.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing the daily work, performance, and development of direct reports, with a focus on building an inclusive team and growing our talent
- establishing land bank and securing permitting, interconnection, tax incentives, and regulatory approvals
- leading cross-functional team of subject matter experts in assessment of potential development prospects and maturation of existing development assets
- identifying and resolving potential project flaws and prioritizing critical path to prepare projects for FNTP on schedule and on budget.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a strong working knowledge of technical disciplines sufficient to leverage internal and external subject matter experts, incl. interconnection, resource assessment, real estate, GIS, etc.
- are capable of helping the cross-functional team reach commercially optimal project decisions
- are able to successfully acquire discretionary permits
- can effectively leverage direct reports to help fully develop projects.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-12-12. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.