Engineering and construction
Senior SCADA SCS Engineer
Imagine a future where you play a key role in delivering SCADA substation control systems for our future wind farms as a part of our green journey
Join us in this role where you’ll drive the technical aspects for all engineering phases of the substation control system for our offshore windfarms. Your tasks include working with specification design and implementation of wind farm automation systems, as well as technical project management of all automation deliverables. You'll be a part of the green transition in Poland, working on offshore windfarm projects in the region.
Welcome to Power Transmission SCADA
You’ll be part of SCADA SCS execution team where you, together with your colleagues, will specify and drive the SCADA Substation Control System from early development through to final handover to Operations. You’ll be part of a project team responsible for the delivery of the combined wind farm in projects around the world. The Substation Control System is the brain of the wind farm, which is why the SCADA SCS engineer is an important role under Electrical Systems, managing interfaces to a vast list of high and low-voltage systems.
You’ll play an important role in:
- handling project-related contractual and technical communication with contractors
- managing all project-related activities required for the SCADA and SCS delivery
- managing FAT, SAT, SIT, commissioning, and subsequent handover to Operations and Maintenance (O&M), incl. general follow-up
- ensuring the implementation of the right cyber security level on the SCADA systems, fulfilling both country-specific and global organisational requirements
- developing standard technical requirements and solutions within SCADA and SCS, in collaboration with customers.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor or master’s degree in electrical engineering
- have experience with the design, specification, configuration, and testing of general SCADA and substation control systems from a similar industry, preferably within the energy sector
- have experience with SCADA networks in high-voltage production environments
- have knowledge of relay protection, GOOSE communication, and relevant communication protocols for power system automation, such as IEC 60870-5-101/104 and IEC61850
- speak and write English fluently.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 October 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jesper Thygesen, Manager, on (Denmark +45) 99557282, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.