Project QHSE Advisor (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you protect people and environment by guiding and driving high standards of QHSE on our German offshore wind projects
Join us in this role where you’ll use your experience to create an environment on our offshore wind execution projects where QHSE becomes second nature for contractors and stakeholders, both onshore and offshore. Together with your highly skilled colleagues you’ll contribute to continuous improvement of QHSE in offshore wind projects. You’ll be responsible for monitoring, evaluating, and assessing QHSE behaviour and performance of employees and contractors’ employees.
Welcome to Continental Europe QHSE
You’ll be part of the Project QHSE Advisor team where you, together with your colleagues, will contribute to create a sustainable QHSE culture in the region supporting the organisation’s vision of creating a world that runs entirely on green energy. You’ll have a wide range of stakeholders, and your interpersonal and communication skills will be essential in succeeding in this role. This position combines site-office and offshore-based activities and will allow you to apply and develop your competences by motivating and coaching others to improve their QHSE culture.
You’ll play an important role in:
- acting as subject matter expert in managing HSE risks through handling and providing advice on issues related to execution projects, incl. legal compliance, competence, and training
- promoting strong QHSE leadership and culture, e.g., through awareness raising, knowledge sharing, and lessons learned
- supporting ongoing on- and offshore activities, e.g., by ensuring all procedures, legislation, and risk assessment method statements are followed
- daily reporting of, following up on, and investigating QHSE related cases or incidents
- monitoring and assessing QHSE behaviour and performance, e.g., via review of risk assessments and method statements, trend analysis, as well as conducting and documenting QHSE inspections.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have relevant technical or academic background followed by some documented work experience with QHSE, ideally from relevant fields of industry, such as construction, offshore, and energy
- have a pragmatic approach towards addressing any safety challenges and are conscious about the interpersonal sensitivities when working within diverse teams
- can communicate in a proactive, clear, and precise manner and are able to present to various internal and external stakeholders in fluent German and English
- are leading by example when it comes to QHSE and excel in stakeholder management both internally and externally in a highly dynamic environment
- identify areas of improvement, are willing to challenge common practice, and do not take ‘no’ for an answer if we can improve QHSE.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us in English no later than 25 October 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Sofie Bille, Head of Project QHSE Advisors, on (Denmark +45) 61195165 Mondays-Fridays between 8 and 9 a.m. (CET) if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Regular presence at our construction office in Emden, Germany, is expected. Travelling to other sites (onshore and offshore) in Germany and other European countries will also be part of the role.
Please note that this is a fixed-term position with a duration time of 24 months.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application in English via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.