Engineering and construction
Structural Engineering Graduate
Step closer to a career where you design foundations for our future offshore wind farms
The Global Ørsted Graduate Program is designed to unleash your potential and give you the unique opportunity of a fast-tracked career in Ørsted. We offer you an intense two-year developmental journey where you’ll learn from experts within your field and get international project experience, tools to drive innovation, and a strong cross-functional network with other talents.
The Graduate journey
Our Global Graduate Program consists of two-three rotations, where you’ll solve business challenges, take responsibility for your own assignments, and engage in our day-to-day business decisions.
This role brings the unique opportunity to kickstart your career and give you solid insights into and an overview of the foundation design process through rotations. In your first rotation in Primary Structures, you’ll carry out structural design of the load-carrying main structures. In your second rotation with Metocean Assessment & Structural Loads, you’ll simulate and calculate loads, and with Geotechnical Design in your third rotation, you’ll carry out geotechnical design of offshore foundations and simulate installation.
You’ll play an important role in:
- designing and verifying offshore support structures in compliance with state-of-the art knowledge, norms, and standards, using in-house design tools and commercial software
- contributing to the continuous development of the design of support structures and best practices
- developing and refining design methods and assumptions
- working in close cooperation with other highly specialised engineering disciplines to ensure comprehensive understanding of the design process and drivers
- implementing lessons learned and new solutions.
To succeed in this role, you:
- have a relevant engineering degree (MSc) in structural engineering or similar, obtained before September, 1 2023
- have knowledge of and interest in topics such as fatigue, buckling, finite element analysis, structural dynamics, load calculations, hydrodynamics, and soil-structure interaction
- have good communication skills and are fluent in written and spoken English
- are curious, outgoing, proactive, and engaging in your approach to problem-solving
- enjoy knowledge sharing and collaborating with colleagues
- have a positive attitude, a keen eye for opportunities, and a strong drive to understand, challenge, improve, and optimize.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
The best first step you’ll ever take
Send your application, CV, and most recent grade transcripts as soon as possible and no later than October 8, 2022. We’ll conduct interviews shortly after.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, TA Operations Team, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you have any questions.
Step closer to a career as a graduate in Ørsted
In Ørsted, we help accelerate your talent into an international career within your professional field. See our Global Graduate Program overview, and find out how you can help us turn visions into reality: Global Graduate Program | Ørsted Careers (orsted.com)