IT and digital
Lead Kubernetes Architect
Imagine a future where you use your Kubernetes and cloud expertise to drive the way we will scale our microservices architecture
Join us in this role where you’ll be a key driver in the team of K8s practitioners, focusing on company-wide adoption of the latest tech in container orchestration. You’ll pave the way for a scaled K8s architecture and animate an empowered community of end-users and maintainers of clusters. We are in the midst of moving from on-prem to cloud infrastructure. This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact by simplifying and automating the workflows of a motivated collective of developers.
Welcome to Platforms, Integration and Data IT Product Line
You’ll be part of Architecture & Technology Competency Centre where you, together with your colleagues, will get inspired by each other and your diverse expertise. Operating in an agile setup, you’ll be assigned to the Kubernetes team, orchestrating central K8s governance and development. You’ll be heavily involved in the creation and delivery of the architectural runway. Be prepared to share your passion for cloud with a team of hands-on developers and an application architect – being their voice in the company. We offer flexibility and value the opportunity of being onsite at our office regularly to form a sense of community.
You’ll play an important role in:
- setting and driving the direction for our DevOps platforms transformation in the whole IT organisation and beyond, in close cooperation with architects in cloud, security, and infrastructure teams
- providing K8s and microservices expertise and guidance to our community of practice by inspiring and coordinating new and ongoing initiatives in fields like automation, security, and tooling
- strengthening our community of cloud architects and functional specialists by sharing your experiences and generally contributing with relevant perspectives on the cloud architecture
- identifying and maturing organisational improvements to be prioritised for implementation within CoP and further developing strong stakeholder relations
- supporting the continuous delivery together with the DevOps teams.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are a team player with strong technical skills, motivated to drive the K8s platform agenda in close co-operation with the business
- have proven experience deploying and managing Kubernetes and working with Cloud providers, preferably with Azure, incl. experience with infrastructure as a Code
- have extensive knowledge of at least one language such as Python, Go Bash, or PowerShell and know good programming practices, e.g., working with Git, pull requests and applying good programming patterns like DRY
- have documented experience with CI/CD pipelines, preferably using Azure DevOps, where knowledge of best practices relating to security and automation would be a plus
- have a deep, hands-on understanding of microservice and event-driven architectural patterns where knowledge of enterprise integration patterns and technologies within the integrations area will be a welcome addition
- experience with Operational Technology environments, the Purdue network model, and related security implications would be a plus.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 January 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Pawel Kropielnicki, Head of AISO CC, on (Poland +48) 507972013 on Mondays and Fridays from 08:00-16:00 CEST; Central European Summer Time if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.