IT and digital
Senior Data Manager
Imagine a future where you drive the continuous development and implementation of effective data management practices
Join us in this role where you’ll drive the development and implementation of modern and effective data management practices that enable the use of data in our system within the organisation. Our Ørsted Data Ecosystem (ØDE) is a modern cloud-based data platform that facilitates the collection, processing, and consumption of data from all business units, making it available to analysts, data scientists, and machine learning models.
Welcome to the Data Platform Competency Centre
You’ll be part of the Data Platform Competency Centre where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure transparency and overview of data available on ØDE to enable reuse and sharing of data across business units while adhering to legal and company regulations for sharing of data. The team consists of professionals who are passionate about data management, data engineering, data science, and integration technologies. We’re committed to delivering on our digital strategy and creating a strong platform for analytics, model management, machine learning – all built on cloud technologies.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring that the ØDE data catalogue meets the requirements for quality, availability, compliance, and reusability
- managing and operating the ØDE data catalogue to enable self-service for end-users and ensuring that the data catalogue always gives an accurate overview of the data
- liaising with data owners to ensure that the metadata description and retention requirements are captured and documented when data is onboarded
- contributing to the roadmap of data catalogue development together with architects in ØDE and feedback received from end users
- communicating changes of policies and procedures to ØDE developers and stakeholders and educating users on our governance and compliance during client and data on-boarding.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have strong experience with data and information management such as processes, principles, and tools
- have good stakeholder management skills, ideally from multiple industries, and can understand business needs and translate them into data and process requirements
- have a structured and analytical approach to problem solving and a strong focus on fact-based decisions, and can balance strict governance with flexibility to achieve the benefits of both
- have experience in one or more of the following: data architecture, data governance, data security, master and reference data, meta data management, and an understanding of GDPR
- have experience in formulating requirements for software systems and experience in collaborating with software developers in an agile environment
- ideally have experience with one or more of the following: data cataloguing, SharePoint, data warehousing, business intelligence, data lakes, cloud computing, and data versioning.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 AUGUST 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, TA Consultant, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (home and office-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.