Engineering and construction
Senior Cable Project Engineer
Imagine a future where you’re part of one of our challenging offshore projects and responsible for the design and quality of submarine cables
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the engineering of the supply, jointing, termination, and connection equipment of high-voltage array or export cables. In this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to learn directly from a team of experienced engineers, and you’ll be cooperating closely with colleagues across Europe, the US, and the APAC.
Welcome to HV Cables
You’ll be part of our diverse HV Cables Project Engineering team where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure the quality during the design, manufacturing, termination, and testing of high-voltage array or export cables in an exciting project. We’re a team of 17 engineers, who share complementary skills and a common commitment to delivering high-quality work.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring that the correct quality processes are in place and followed at the various manufacturing facilities
- reviewing designs and supplier technical proposals, and ensuring the suitability of technical solutions across all functional areas, for example, offshore installation, HV components, and offshore substations
- managing the design, manufacturing, and testing processes, including quality assurance of 33-400kV cable products and related accessories
- reviewing Non-Conformity Reports (NCRs) and Manufacturing Record Books (MRBs) while witnessing cable testing in labs and factories around the world
- ensuring that the proposed technical solution is in line with international standards, internal best practices, and contractual requirements
- managing interfaces with internal and external stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering at a minimum, with experience in engineering or testing of high-voltage cables and accessories – experience working in a cable manufacturing facility will be positively evaluated
- can contribute to solving challenging issues within a complex matrix organisation
- thrive working in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders
- preferably have in-depth knowledge of submarine cable standards (CIGRE, IEC, ICEA) and FIDIC contracts
- have a structured, service-minded, and flexible approach to your tasks
- are an excellent communicator who speaks and writes English fluently.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 November 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Chee Wah Chooi, Manager HVC Project Engineering, on (United Kingdom +44) 7552260643, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be interfacing with cable suppliers either in the US, Europe, or the Asia-Pacific region and visiting your team in either London, Gentofte, Skærbæk, or Kuala Lumpur.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.