Engineering and construction
Senior Metocean Engineer
Imagine a future where your technical expertise and tomorrow’s solutions to cost-efficient clean energy will help create a world that runs entirely on green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for metocean assessments to be used for design of offshore support structures. You’ll get a chance to put your metocean skills to work when generating site specific metocean data for future offshore wind farms.
Welcome to Structures & Loads
You’ll be part of Metocean Assessment and Structural Loads where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for metocean assessments to be used for design of offshore support structures. You’ll join a department of more than 100 experts in the Structural & Loads department which is responsible for the design of primary and secondary structures, metocean assessments, and our in-house aero-elastic load simulation tool, amongst others. We offer a unique opportunity to work with industry leaders within metocean assessment, load and structural calculations, and essentially all aspects of foundation design. You’ll work in a large organization with a wide range of stakeholders, allowing you to gain a holistic understanding of the business.
You’ll play an important role in:
- planning and coordinating our project deliverables towards a variety of stakeholders
- working very closely together with our Loads engineers, incl. rotation, to ensure comprehensive understanding
- scoping and procuring metocean data from external consultants and preparing site-specific metocean conditions as input for foundation load calculations, offshore installation works, cable installation analysis etc.
- cooperating closely with site investigation manager, measurement engineers, and many other internal and external stakeholders
- participating in the onboarding of new colleagues and helping to develop new methodologies.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree or PhD in engineering
- are curious and quick to learn from our wide range of technical and commercial experts
- are outgoing and enjoy navigating and cooperating in a complex matrix organisation with many stakeholders
- have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently
- have a thorough understanding of and great experience in applying metocean conditions, hydrodynamics, stochastic processes, and/or statistics
- are action-oriented and have a pragmatic approach to problem solving, as well as having the ability to convert customer needs and complex problems into manageable tasks.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 17-06-2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace and, in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.