Operations and technicians
Senior Control Systems Specialist
Imagine a future where you ensure top performance for operating and monitoring Offshore wind energy transmission systems
Join us in this role where you’ll be globally responsible for continuous improvement of alarm management, tools, and algorithms used for the monitoring and control of energy transmission systems on our Ørsted offshore fleet. You’ll work closely with a broad set of stakeholders across Offshore Operations, incl. the Control points, Offshore sites, HV engineers, SCADA, and Grid Compliance to solve technical issues and transfer new assets into operations. If you’re looking to move from daily operations into a global technical support role and shape Ørsted’s Transmission Asset Journey, then this could be the next step in your development.
Welcome to Global Operations
You’ll be part of Diagnostics in Global Operations where you, together with your colleagues, will work as part of the Global Transmission Asset Program in a multidisplinary team to deliver the global O&M setup. Our teams comprise highly motivated subject matter experts, data scientists and industry experts who work in a flexible, open, and supportive environment. Our key stakeholders are located primarily in the EU with frequent knowledge sharing with US and APAC colleagues.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being responsible for requirements related to alarm and data intake for transmission assets, incl. ensuring the delivery of requirements for new assets coming into operations
- being responsible for operations alarm philosophy and alarm management, incl. alarm class/level defining, formatting, and standardisation for transmission assets
- formulating requirements in development projects for generation management systems, as part of the transmission asset scope
- taking ownership of critical incidents, coordinating with resolution parties, and establishing effective communication between stakeholders for post-incident reviews
- being responsible for monitoring setup for measurement systems.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a technical background as electrical engineer, electrician, protection relays, or similar
- possess experience with Control Center operations, Control Center alarm management, and alarm analysis
- are familiar with relevant standards, i.e., EEMUA
- have an understanding of substation systems, e.g., communications, supervisory control/ SCADA; experience with operation of high and medium voltage networks and substations would be appreciated
- are interested in processes and working with continuous improvement
- have strong communication skills and thrive on working across departments, geographies, and with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2 December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Pallavi Kapoor Manga, Head of Diagnostics, on (Denmark +45) 99552644 on Mondays to Fridays from 10:00-16:00 CET; Central European Time, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.