Strategy and business development
Commercial Manager, Power to X
Imagine a future where you lead the commercial scope for Power to X (P2X) projects and contribute to our ambition to create a winning business within North America
Join us in this role where you’ll become a Commercial Manager in our Power to X North American team. You’ll develop and lead the commercial aspects of projects to establish large-scale electrolysis plants for the production of green hydrogen and e-fuels, using renewable power. Furthermore, you’ll use your experience to maximise the commercial value towards customers and partners. You’ll also support engagement of business development activities with a commercial mindset, lead commercial negotiations and as well lead refinement of our partner offerings and best-in-class standards.
Welcome to Hydrogen
You’ll be part of North American Power to X, where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for ensuring a commercially viable approach to P2X projects from the early stages of customer and partner dialogue through business case evaluation, contract negotiations, concept selection, to tendering and final investment decision. You’ll be part of an ambitious team, where collaboration and team spirit are valued and prioritised, and you’ll have multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally.
You’ll play an important role in:
- driving and negotiating commercial development of renewable P2X projects, including making the business case in collaboration with North American team from early origination to FID
- building a strong network with P2X customers and partners e.g., by engaging in dialogues with senior and influential external players in the e-fuels landscape
- pro-actively interacting with our legal, regulatory, and consenting teams to secure the contracts and framework conditions needed prior to final investment decision
- leading and motivating dedicated commercial project teams consisting of internal and external resources
- developing the commercial models and standards, as well as finessing and finetuning the customer offering, making us attractive to partner with.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a proven track record in building trust-based relationships and negotiating mutually beneficial agreement with senior, external partners and customers and regulators
- have extensive experience with commercial development of asset projects in the energy or related industries, where you have led commercial project team members such as financial analysts, sourcing experts, and/or tax specialists supporting the final delivery of the project
- are used to working with a stage-gate project development model where you’ve had the overall responsibility for preparing and presenting the commercial material needed for next gate management decisions
- thrive with details without losing sight of the big picture
- are ambitious, curious, and able to build trust and credibility, externally as well as internally, through experience, empathy, and persuasiveness of arguments
- have a commercial, legal, or financial degree, or equivalent, ideally supplemented by project management certification or experience.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-10-17. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.