Strategy and business development
Commercial Development Director (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you’re the driving force in realising our strategic corporate partners’ ambitious decarbonisation targets
Join us in this role where you’ll work cross-functionally with regional and central teams to mature and deliver partnerships with our key strategic corporate partners, creating value from these throughout the lifecycle of the partnership. You’ll serve as their trusted partner working together on realising their decarbonisation targets on a global scale.
Welcome to Portfolio Development & Strategy
You’ll be part of Portfolio Development & Strategy which is a global function, working closely with our regions and across technologies, focusing on our strategic direction, offshore wind bids, hydrogen platform, and various partnership constellations and strategic joint ventures.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing a deep understanding of strategic corporate customers
- articulating our value proposition towards large strategic corporates, supported by economic and technical factors
- demonstrating how to achieve decarbonisation targets leveraging our product suite and bespoke solutions
- identifying and evaluating business development opportunities in collaboration with corporates
- managing the customer interface as a single-point-of-contact and clearly communicating ambitions towards customers and stakeholders
- being the internal driving force working with and mobilising technical experts, account project managers, legal support, and other functional teams to make the solution come to life.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have significant deal experience and experience developing relationships with customers through the deal cycle end-to-end
- have a track record of creating and executing commercial partnerships involving large scale projects and bespoke technical solutions
- have insights to and experience from either the energy sector, large asset industry or the technology market
- are an excellent communicator with strong stakeholder skills
- use your strong leadership experience to effectively mobilise cross-functional teams and influence a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- preferably, have both commercial and technical acumen from working in or with companies from the energy intensive sector.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 12 June 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
For DK and UK positions, please don’t hesitate to contact Kunal Patel, Head of Portfolio Development & Strategy, on +447837616474 for urgent enquiries, on Mondays and Thursdays 15:00-17:00 GMT, if you’d like to know more about the position.
For Germany, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations DE on firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a(n) office-based set-up.
Please note that you’re expected to do some traveling in relation to your work, as you’ll be meeting customers and other external stakeholders as well as relevant internal stakeholders at our locations in Europe and the UK.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.