Engineering and construction
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Imagine a future where you’re the go-to mechanical engineer for the wind turbines in our future wind farm projects around the world.
Join us in this role where you’ll be working towards a wind turbine asset project, including managing technical interfaces, handling supplier contracts, and determining possible technical solutions and improvements.
Welcome to WTG Technical Execution
You’ll be part of WTG Technical Execution where you, together with your colleagues, will be technically responsible for all mechanical and electrical components of the wind turbine. As a department, we support the business throughout the value chain, covering technical qualification of new wind turbines, project execution, and handover to operations.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing the technical relevant sections of the wind turbine supplier contracts within specific wind farm projects, evaluating risks and identifying opportunities for improvements
- ensuring technical requirements and interfaces for wind turbines are met in cooperation with the supplier representatives, as well as internal stakeholders, such as foundation and operations
- supporting the quality assurance of the project deliveries from our wind turbine suppliers, as well as their sub-suppliers
- following up on technical issues during design, fabrication, and installation, and transfer learning from one project to the next.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a similar technical background
- preferably have experience with system or component design of wind turbines
- preferably have practical experience with executing asset projects
- preferably have a background of practical mechanical experience
- thrive in an international environment and enjoy creating good relationships with a set of diverse stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31-05-2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace and, in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll closely cooperate with our suppliers and sub-suppliers, but also internal stakeholders at different locations. Besides that, your work could include travel to different countries.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.