Strategy and business development
Project Delivery Manager
Imagine a future where you manage the smooth delivery of multiple projects, and their teams at various stages of construction
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for leading the delivery phase for multiple renewable projects within the Ireland and UK organisation, taking such projects from the point of ’ready to build’ to commercial operations.
Welcome to Project Delivery
You’ll be part of Project Delivery where you will develop the capabilities of your team to successfully deliver the projects which ensure Ørsted achieves its growth plans.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading a team of project managers and project engineers, ensuring alignment of all activities with company strategy
- developing and managing project capex, opex, and budgeting, assisting in the preparation of business cases for major capital investment expenditure, and presenting to senior management for investment approval
- negotiating agreements, incl. electrical and civil construction contracts, turbine supply agreements, and engineering services provider agreements etc., ensuring best value is achieved in all
- planning, organising, monitoring and reporting adequately on all phases of a project’s life cycle
- managing and reporting on all project risks, ensuring senior management are kept fully abreast of any significant developments
- ensuring that projects are developed to a high standard and de-risked fully in accordance with any requirements to satisfy project financing and investment criteria.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a university degree in Engineering or Science
- possess strong leadership skills and have a proven track record of leading multidisciplinary teams in a fast-paced environment
- have significant experience in successfully managing and delivering large scale renewable projects to budget and schedule, as well as multidisciplinary contract management experience
- are organisationally astute, with a strong stakeholder management skillset that fosters key internal and external relationships that are central to project success
- have a strong skillset across technology and infrastructure, as well as electrical and civil disciplines, with the ability to quickly decipher the key technical attributes in negotiating associated supply contracts
- are solutions-driven, can manage multiple projects and navigate complexity, whilst also having the capacity to project risks and proactively mitigate them.