Finance and controlling
Finance Business Partner
Imagine a future where you proactively support and influence pioneering P2X projects through financial business partnering and reporting
Join us in this role where you’ll be exposed to Ørsted’s portfolio of P2X projects and manage a vast network of stakeholders. You’ll focus on value creation as you take on the proactive role as a business partner and facilitate better decision making through project reporting, portfolio budgeting, and funding cost claims for our projects. You’ll spearhead workstreams for projects individually and take part in larger workstreams tapping into the wider Ørsted organisation.
Welcome to Business Finance
You’ll be part of our Global Project Controlling & Analysis team where you, together with your colleagues, will be part of our newly established P2X Business Finance set-up which supports Ørsted’s most recent growth area. The business is in rapid development, presenting numerous exciting opportunities for exposure to finance processes and projects looking to decarbonise hard-to-abate sectors. You’ll take part in building the business partner processes with direct reporting to the P2X Business Finance responsible and with exposure to both the P2X CFO and Director of Global Project Controlling & Analysis.
You’ll play an important role in:
- maintaining and building upon our ambition to be a trusted business partner to senior project stakeholders in their cost management and finance tasks
- co-developing project and consolidated portfolio budgeting as well as best practice for business partnering
- acquiring a thorough understanding of different funding regimes relevant to our projects and claim funds as our projects mature
- ensuring projects are correctly set up and managed in our IT systems
- executing on month-end financial closing and subsequent reporting to our projects and senior management
- explaining business trends, where the story behind the numbers is key.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are highly empathetic, as you’ll be tapping into a wide network of colleagues with different backgrounds and requests, consequently demanding a lot of your abilities to build and maintain relationships
- have strong communication skills and do not mind presenting to and interacting with stakeholders, as visibility in connection with the projects is an important part of the job
- have a relevant educational background and an interest in finance, project controlling, and general business administration
- are analytically competent and possess strong excel and PowerPoint capabilities where you can utilise synergies between these two competences to drive improvements and develop financial models and best practices
- are curious by nature, as our P2X organisation is on a growth journey and our ability to influence the projects is largely limited by our own curiosity.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 22 May 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mark Philip Rebild, Senior Financial Analyst, on +4599558284 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.