Engineering and construction
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Imagine a future where you get to be involved in complex geotechnical engineering for the development of offshore wind projects
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for a wide range of geotechnical activities related to the planning, development, design, and construction of offshore wind farms. As part of your role, you’ll be working on an array of projects, including large offshore wind farm developments, R&D projects, and in-house software development. You’ll take ownership of complex tasks and will be expected to actively engage in technical discussions and challenge the status quo.
Welcome to the Geotechnical Design and Installation team
You’ll be part of a large and diverse team of 20 geotechnical engineers where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for delivering high-quality foundation design for offshore wind turbines. Your workplace will be in one of our US offices, preferably Providence, Rhode Island, where you can look forward to a close collaboration with many talented and passionate colleagues, both in the office and around the globe.
You’ll play an important role in:
- doing detailed geotechnical design tasks, such as foundation design and complex soil-structure interaction analyses, using purpose-built or commercially available software packages
- the development of in-house tools and R&D projects aimed at pushing the boundaries of geotechnical design for offshore wind turbine foundations
- using purpose-built or commercially available software for analysis of complex soil-structure interaction problems
- supporting the preparation of detailed geotechnical reports and memoranda with the aim of having geotechnical parameters and design methods approved by a Certification Body
- collaborating with people from different engineering disciplines within the Foundations group, e.g. structures, loads, and installation departments, with the goal of executing state-of-the-art projects.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a MSc or a PhD degree in civil/geotechnical engineering or equivalent as well as a PE license
- have a good understanding of soil-structure interaction
- have experience with various software packages, e.g., MATLAB, PYTHON, etc.
- have strong communication skills and speak and write English fluently
- have a high degree of personal responsibility and accountability, and can work with different tasks in parallel
- have a results-oriented approach to your work and show initiative and drive to ensure that things you’re responsible for are moving forward
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than February 7, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.