Strategy and business development
Project Development Director
Imagine a future where you help the world leader in offshore wind grow its North American business even further
Join us in this role where you’ll lead the development of large-scale offshore wind projects
through the development phase to final investment decision and engineering, procurement, and construction handover. You’ll ensure that the overall business objectives of the development project are met with regard to the overall business case, timeline, budget, agreed scope, and specifications. This will also include ensuring the required resources are aligned for the highest quality project delivery.
Welcome to US Offshore Wind Project Development
You’ll be part of the US Offshore Project Development team where you, together with your colleagues, will mature offshore wind projects. You’ll work in a highly active and multidisciplinary team with colleagues from across our North America organization as well as from our global operations in Denmark, and you’ll report to the Head of Project Development & Growth.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring that both internal and external resources work according to the highest standards for health, safety, and environmental concerns
- leading multi-disciplined teams tasked with securing key project boundary conditions, including federal and state permits, real estate, and grid connection
- securing day-to-day project management of the team, securing progress according to the targets set forth, and coordinating efforts with joint venture partners as applicable
- defining and managing overall development budget, project scope, and time schedule; ensuring all project risks are assessed, managed, and, if necessary, mitigated
- liaising with internal specialists and external consultants to ensure optimized technical and economical design
- preparing status reports for the Steering Committee, Senior Management, and project partners.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, business, or a related field
- have project management skills combined with a suitable level of experience matching the seniority of the position, a PMI certificate will be an advantage
- have project development experience in wind power, electricity transmission, real estate, or the marine environment
- have experience from working in multidisciplinary teams and, ideally, international companies
- are comfortable working within a highly matrixed organization
- have impactful influencing skills both internal and external, a competitive spirit, and a desire to lead and develop teams.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than August 1, 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Recruiting Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling both domestic and international in relation to your work, as you’ll manage and liaise with teams located in multiple office locations and in Europe.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.