EPCI Senior Sourcing Manager for power transmission assets
Imagine a future where you play a pivotal role in developing our offshore wind farm projects by sourcing our HVDC/HVAC power transmission assets in global markets
Join us in this role where you’ll develop sourcing strategies for asset projects and project manage sourcing processes in cooperation with a multidisciplinary project team.
Welcome to Power Transmission Sourcing
You’ll be part of a diversified team of 12 procurement professionals responsible for the procurement of our power transmission assets, including onshore and offshore substations – both HVDC and HV. You’ll lead our sourcing efforts from end to end to deliver the best-in-class CAPEX agreement. You’ll work together with a multidisciplinary project team, where you’ll play a vital role in driving the commercial strategy and negotiations.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing sourcing strategies for specific asset project(s) with established risk and opportunity understandings
- handling commercial project management of the end-to-end sourcing process by coordinating with a multidisciplinary project team
- setting negotiation strategies and leading intensive commercial and contractual negotiations to achieve the best business results
- acting as liaison between our company and suppliers with aligned communication strategies
- managing stakeholders both internally and in respect of JV partners to ensure aligned agenda and decision-making
- contributing to the transformation process when implementing the chosen contracting strategies through the sourcing processes with a ‘change’ mindset.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in law, economics, business, engineering, or similar
- have extensive experience working with large EPCI procurement projects with highly complicated technical scopes in heavy industry
- have a strong commercial mindset and drive deliveries together with a cross-disciplinary team
- are an experienced negotiator with experience in identifying value drivers and securing the best business results in an adverse market environment
- have core expert procurement skills and broad knowledge to engage in other project tasks outside your core function, as needed in the projects
- have experience within onshore construction, offshore construction, and/or HV electrical systems.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 20 August 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Yuan Liu, Head of Transmission Sourcing, on +4599556735 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.