Engineering and construction
Lead SCADA Metering Specialist
Imagine a future where you’re playing a key role in defining and delivering SCADA metering systems for our future wind farms.
Join us in this role where you’ll be shaping the technical direction for the metering scope while ensuring the deliveries to our offshore wind farm projects. The metering scope includes systems as revenue metering and power quality metering to ensure the correct payment of produced power and to monitor the power quality. You’ll furthermore be responsible for alignment towards national authorities in the countries where we are building offshore wind farms.
Welcome to SCADA SCS & Metering
You’ll be part of the Metering team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for the engineering of SCADA metering systems for offshore wind farm projects around the world. As the Lead Specialist you’ll be supporting your colleagues with technical sparring and help in ensuring the quality of the deliveries.
You’ll play an important role in:
- handling project-related contractual and technical communication with subcontractors
- being responsible for the definition and fulfilment of technical requirements for metering systems
- representing the technical part of the metering scope across the organisation
- managing FAT, SAT, SIT, commissioning, and subsequent handover to O&M, including general follow-up
- ensuring the right cybersecurity level is implemented on the metering systems, fulfilling both country-specific and our global requirements.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in electrical engineering and experience with automation and substation control systems from a similar industry, preferably within the energy sector
- have experience with the design, specification, configuration, and test of metering systems
- have a passion for building a team and for coaching and developing talented engineers from graduate to senior level
- speak and write English fluently
- are able to build strong credibility through holistic business insights and leadership besides being robust, visible, and skilled in change management
- have the ability to foresee possible obstructions which may affect the progress, are dedicated to performing at a high level and, together with your team, to deliver within deadlines.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 20 June 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jesper Thygesen, Manager, on +4599557282 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be visiting e.g. contractors, national authorities, construction sites, and fabrication yards in Europe, Asia, and the US.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.