Head of Continental Europe Environment & Permitting (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you’re responsible for enabling the transition to a world that runs entirely on green energy by leading the Continental Europe Environment & Permitting team
Join us in this role where you’ll be leading a growing team of environment and permitting experts covering the entire company value chain from development through to abandonment, across multiple ‘green’ technologies. The team is anchored in our regional offices in Denmark, Germany, and Poland.
Welcome to Continental Europe Environment & Permitting
You’ll be leading the Continental Europe Environment & Permitting team which is responsible for performing tasks relating to environmental, permitting/consenting, and stakeholder issues throughout the project life of all our offshore wind farms and hydrogen projects in Northern Europe. You’ll enable our asset projects and local operation and maintenance hubs by ensuring the right people are recruited, trained, and motivated to deliver ambitious results. You’ll also secure lessons learned and ensure that portfolio considerations are aligned and handled to deliver on our growth journey.
You’ll play an important role in:
- executing our talent management strategy within your own area, by recruiting and developing the best people in the business
- identifying, sharing, and solving lessons learned across the portfolio to support our continued growth
- quality assuring the team’s deliverables to ensure the best possible solutions and recommendations
- preparing a regional, diversified build-out of the team with focus on key roles anchored locally to support our market development efforts
- managing and educating internal stakeholders across multiple disciplines and very different functional areas in gaining a better understanding of environment and permitting topics and challenges.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have completed a degree within a relevant subject, e.g. business, human resources, or engineering (i.e. spatial planning, nature science, etc)
- have substantial experience within leadership (strategising, communication, etc.) and people management (recruiting, developing, motivating, etc.)
- have strong communication and networking skills and a knack for quickly assessing organisational structures
- have experience with and strong insights into offshore wind and preferably have international experience from several markets across Europe
- speak fluent German or Danish, while also mastering our working language English.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 16 May 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Denmark, please don’t hesitate to contact Jacob Edmonds, Director, on +4599555034 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For Germany, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations DE on email@example.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do regular travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be leading a team that’s spread out across our Northern European footprint.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.