Engineering and construction
Imagine a future where you can use your geoscience skills to deliver value at speed and get a chance to impact the green transition of the world
Join us in this role where you’ll contribute to leading our department into the next decade of the offshore wind survey industry. As a senior geophysicist, you’ll be responsible for geophysical surveys in all project phases and will experience the offshore wind power business from the front line. Together with your colleagues, you’ll handle the technical management of hydrographic and geophysical surveys and will challenge survey industry standards to drive continuous improvement.
Welcome to Site Investigations
You’ll be part of a team consisting of eight industry-leading specialists in geophysics, geotechnics, and project management where you, together with your colleagues, will design and steer high-quality surveys to support the engineering challenges and regulatory requirements of our US offshore wind farm projects.
You’ll play an important role in:
- designing geophysical surveys for our projects in the US, including preparing technical material, leading technical meetings with contractors and consultants, and attending mobilizations
- managing survey operations and contractor deliveries
- maximizing the value of our quality geophysical data through proactive engagement with both engineering and regulatory stakeholders, ensuring full utilization of the delivered data
- expanding the technical strength of our team by monitoring and evaluating new suppliers and technologies for implementation in our projects
- building the US project portfolio’s readiness for construction and operations and maintenance as well as ensuring smooth transitions through good planning
- hosting vessel calls, visiting survey vessels during port calls, running regular processing meetings, and conducting quality assurance of submitted data and deliverables.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have strong industry awareness of contractors, consultants, and equipment and software manufacturers
- have offshore experience with shallow geophysical data acquisition, including bathymetry, side-scan sonar, magnetometer, and shallow seismic methods
- have a degree in earth sciences or other relevant subject matter, or an equivalent amount of directly applicable work experience
- speak and write English fluently, with excellent communication skills that enable you to convey information coherently and efficiently
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks and will thrive in a rapidly evolving working environment
- are able and willing to undertake some work-related travel (including international travel) once concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic have been resolved.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than April 12, 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Recruiting Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some traveling in relation to your work, including both domestic and international travel, up to 60 days per year.