Engineering and construction
Power Systems Analysis Intern
Imagine a future where you can channel your passion for renewable energy to solve some unique engineering challenges
Join us in this role where you’ll have the opportunity to work with and educate both US and European colleagues by contributing your knowledge and expertise on relevant software tools. This is an excellent opportunity for you to apply skills developed in the classroom to a professional environment while being introduced to the exciting offshore wind industry! Our grid connection team is looking to develop scripting tools and provide support evaluating our project designs using PSS/e, PSCAD, DigSilent, and other software.
Welcome to Team Electrical Systems
You’ll be part of experienced engineering teams in US and Europe where you, together with your colleagues, will work closely together to help with PSS/e modeling and with the design of large scale offshore wind farms. Our US based grid connection team works collaboratively with system designers in Europe to evaluate performance compliance and support the interconnection processes within PJM, ISO-NE and NYISO regions.
You’ll play an important role in:
- helping with PSS/e modeling and design of large scale offshore wind farms
- helping perform powerflow and stability analysis to study the impact of offshore wind farms
- training UK and DK colleagues on relevant software tools
- contributing with your familiarity and experience with NERC requirements for renewables
- providing insight on the IEEE standards, specifically IEEE 1547, IEEE 519 and IEEE 2800.
To succeed in the role, you:
- Have completed your bachelor's degree and are enrolled in a relevant graduate program
- have experience with powerflow and stability analysis of large electric grids
- have extensive experience in writing Python scripts to automate PSS/e simulations
- preferably have experience with other software like PSCAD and DigSilent
- preferably have experience working with PSS/e HVDC, FACTS and renewable power plant models
- Are a citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than April 19, 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Recruiting Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.