Engineering and construction
Imagine a future where you play a key role in delivering SCADA control systems for our future wind farms as a part of our green journey
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for all engineering phases of wind power system automation. Your tasks include working with specification designs and implementation of wind farm automation systems as well as project management of all automation deliverables.
Welcome to SCADA SCS & Metering
You’ll be part of the SCADA SCS execution team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for the engineering of SCADA substation control systems for our offshore wind farm projects around the world. The SCS system is the brain of the wind farm, which is why the SCADA SCS engineer is an important asset under Electrical Systems, managing interfaces to a vast list of high and low-voltage systems.
You’ll play an important role in:
- handling project-related contractual and technical communication with subcontractors
- managing all project-related activities required for the SCADA and SCS delivery
- managing FAT, SAT, SIT, commissioning, and subsequent handover to O&M, including general follow-up
- ensuring that the right cyber security level is implemented on the SCADA systems, fulfilling both country specific and global company requirements
- developing standard technical requirements and solutions within SCADA and SCS in collaboration with customers.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in electrical engineering
- have experience with the design, specification, configuration, and test of general SCADA and substation control systems from a similar industry, preferably within the energy sector
- have extensive experience with SCADA networks in high-voltage production environments
- have thorough knowledge of relay protection, Goose communication, and relevant communication protocols for power system automation, such as IEC 60870-5-101/104 and IEC61850.
- speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 11 April 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jesper Thygesen, Manager, on +4599557282 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be visiting, e.g., contractors, construction sites, and fabrication yards in Europe, Asia, and the US.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.