Engineering and construction
Senior Geotechnical Engineer - Subsea Cables
Imagine a future where you play a role in the green energy transformation by optimising cable design and installation using your geotechnical skills
Join us in this role where you’ll become Senior Geotechnical Engineer within the Geotechnical Engineering department where you, along with your colleagues in the Subsea Cables engineering team, will lead the design and installation considerations relating to site assessment, route design, cable burial risk assessment, and trench installation assessment for our inter-array and export cable routes globally.
Welcome to Geotechnical Engineering
You’ll be part of the Subsea Cables engineering team where you, together with your colleagues, will take ownership of and responsibility for projects from early development through to the operational phase of the wind farm, communicating with internal stakeholders in the project in the Site Investigations, Offshore Cable Installation, and Cable Supply departments and with installation contractors, engineering consultancies, installation managers, and internal geoscience teams. We’re a strong and supportive team of very dedicated colleagues and have a high focus on learning and development.
You’ll play an important role in:
- providing senior geotechnical support for our offshore wind projects and to your colleagues to ensure high-quality and state-of-the-art deliverables relating to subsea cables
- managing large databases of geotechnical, geophysical, and installation data, including developing bespoke analytical and plotting tools to interpret the data
- performing probabilistic analyses to quantify as-built risk using Cable Burial Risk Assessment (CBRA) guidance to define burial requirements
- supporting the development of in-house tools for predicting jetting, plough, and mechanical cutting performance, including development and maintenance of the cable installation tool database
- developing and maintaining the design basis to support cable route design and engineering
- supporting cable installation managers throughout the construction (contract experience is preferred).
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree or a PhD in engineering, preferably in geoscience, civil engineering, or an equivalent field
- have substantial experience, preferably within offshore cable or pipeline engineering work
- possess excellent leadership and communication skills, enabling you to communicate in a confident and clear way to both peers and superiors
- preferably have a basic understanding of programming, databases, and GIS software
- have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently
- must have a result-oriented approach to your work and show initiative as well as the ability to compromise when required.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 11 April 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mette Møller Pedersen Wolff, Team Lead, on +4599556718 or Laurence Cross, Lead Specialist, Subsea Cables, on +44 (0)7825016657 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be visiting the other half of the team and do some travelling related to the projects.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.