Engineering and construction
Lead Metocean and Load Engineer
Imagine a future where you play a key role in the green energy transformation by contributing to the development and design of our US offshore wind farm structures
Join us in this role where you’ll be given a unique opportunity to follow our US projects from early development to detailed design, including follow-up during installation. You’ll be responsible for providing reliable wind and marine conditions as well as loads for the design of structures in our US offshore wind farms.
Welcome to Metocean & Loads
You’ll be part of our Metocean & Loads department which consists of skilled and dedicated metocean and load experts. Together with your colleagues, you’ll provide technical guidance and make decisions for our US offshore asset projects, including proactively ensuring reliable and high-quality input for the design of the wind farm structures.
You’ll play an important role in:
- providing technical support and guidance to our specialists who assess metocean site conditions and execute load calculations for the design of offshore support structures for US projects
- performing, documenting, and reviewing metocean assessments based on hindcast data from subcontractors as well as structural design load calculations using our in-house hydro-aero-servo-elastic tools
- being one of our licensed US Professional Engineers responsible for the stamped metocean and load deliverables submitted to BOEM
- following up on assessments and calculations, facilitating review meetings, attending weekly project meetings and technical discussions, and performing QA of deliverables
- identifying risks related to site conditions, loads, and load effects throughout the US project lifecycles and notifying the relevant stakeholders
- replying to technical queries from the team, which is based in Europe, in relation to applicable US regulatory requirements, design standards, site characterisations, and general engineering practices.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have significant technical experience in metocean assessment and load calculations for offshore wind turbine structures, including the applicable IEC, DNVGL, and US regulatory design standards
- are a licensed Professional Engineer (PE) for one or more US states and are eligible for license by comity in the project states located along the US East Coast
- have a master’s degree in civil/structural engineering, mechanical engineering, or similar
- are experienced in the application of hydro-aero-servo-elastic tools
- are self-motivated, take responsibility, and have a pragmatic approach to your work
- thrive in an international and diverse work environment.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 14 March 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Torben Søndergaard, Senior Manager, on +4599557125 or Laura Hulliger, Lead Engineer, on +18573609374 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.