Engineering and construction
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Imagine a future where you get to be involved in complex geotechnical engineering for the development of offshore wind projects in North America
Join us in this role where you’ll be able to apply your experience and knowledge to execute on some of the largest offshore wind farm projects in the world in an effective manner, all while strengthening your skills in soil mechanics and site characterizations.
Welcome to Site Investigation Team
You’ll be part of a growing team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for delivering high-quality site characterizations and engineering soil properties for facility design, installation assessments, power cable engineering, and more. Your workplace will be in our office located in Providence, Rhode Island, where you can look forward to close collaboration with many talented colleagues, both in the office and around the globe.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being the Geotechnical Engineering Lead on various offshore wind farm projects from early development all the way through to construction
- the technical management related to planning, scoping, and executing phased offshore site investigation campaigns and laboratory testing programs
- interpreting large geotechnical datasets and performing high-quality site characterizations to identify potential risks and providing engineering soil properties for permitting and engineering purposes
- being responsible for reporting the engineering soil properties in a detailed, transparent, and consistent way for obtaining certification and regulatory approval
- engaging in close collaboration with the local US supply chain and site investigation contractors for ensuring fit-for-purpose testing techniques and high-quality data deliverables
- establishing close working relationships other engineers and specialists across the wider company organization to help push the developments of offshore geotechnics forward.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s or PhD degree in geotechnical engineering or equivalent
- have several years of experience in site characterization and analyses of in situ and laboratory testing results
- have a high degree of personal responsibility and accountability and can work with different tasks in parallel
- have a results-oriented approach to your work and show initiative and drive to ensure that things you’re responsible for are moving forward
- have a relevant PE degree or are on a path to get one
- have strong communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than March 14, 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Recruiting Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect to travel occasionally both domestically and internationally in relation to your work.