Marketing, branding and communications
Senior Sustainability Advisor to drive circularity programme
Imagine a future where you advance your career in one of the world’s most sustainable companies, helping to create a world that runs entirely on green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for developing a strategic sustainability programme for resource circularity in the Group’s value chain. The circularity of steel, blades, and other key materials will be central to improving resource management and decarbonising our supply chain of renewables towards our ambitious target of a carbon-neutral value chain by 2040.
Welcome to Global Sustainability
You’ll be part of the Sustainability Programmes & Engagement team where you, together with your colleagues, will help advance the Group’s strategic approach to sustainability. The team is, among other things, responsible for the organisation’s portfolio of sustainability programmes, including our programmes to reach carbon neutrality and to decarbonise our supply chain. Through the programmes, we work systematically to drive sustainability performance across the organisation. We’re currently looking to grow our portfolio with a programme for circularity.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing our sustainability programme for circularity in the Group’s value chain in close cooperation with relevant colleagues, including in Procurement, QHSE, and R&D
- mapping our existing practices to enable circularity, e.g. within design and material use, procurement, operations, and decommissioning, vis-à-vis global best practices and stakeholder expectations
- identifying solutions to address gaps and drive change in our approach
- designing the programme, including ambition, action plan, governance, and roles and responsibilities needed to drive implementation
- preparing decision materials for senior management and the steering committee to drive the programme forward.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a strong analytical mindset and the ability to identify emerging trends and stakeholder expectations within circularity and translate them into a programme ambition and a concrete action plan
- are engaging and have a track record of driving consensus and moving stakeholders with diverse interests towards a common goal
- possess strong project management skills and work in a well-structured manner, enabling you to quickly adapt project plans and priorities to changing requirements, while continuing to drive results
- are well-versed in your communication in oral and written English, can develop convincing top-down analyses, positions, and decision materials, and can adjust your style of communication to the audience
- have a strong knowledge of circular strategies and proven success with implementing them in practice in a global and complex organisation.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 15 January 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Maria Virginia Dundas, Lead Sustainability Advisor, on +4599557595 if you’d like to know more about the position. Keep in mind that, due to the holidays, it won’t be possible to contact her between 28 December and 4 January.