Business & Support- Management
Civil Engineering Manager for Onshore Substations
Imagine a future where you’re design responsible for our future onshore substations
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for leading the civil design of our onshore substations. The substations are huge and complex projects (+30,000m2). As the Civil Engineering Manager, you’ll be given a unique opportunity to follow the project though the different stages from development to design and follow-up during construction. You’ll be in charge of managing the design contract to ensure that the design is state-of-the art and carried out in the right quality, delivered on time and within the contract budget.
Welcome to Substations
You’ll be part of Onshore Civil Engineering Management where you, together with your colleagues, will manage and follow up on the design performed by an external engineering consultant which means facilitating meetings and workshops, reviewing design documentation, etc.
You’ll play an important role in:
- writing the technical documents for the design and civil works contracts (technical specifications, scope of services, design basis, and engineering time schedule)
- ensuring that required input needed for the design process is received in due time from internal stakeholders
- following up on design work prepared by the Principal Contractor, replying to technical queries (TQ’s), and securing contractors’ progress within own disciplines
- being present on site during the construction of the project and ensuring execution is according to design requirements/specifications.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have extensive years of experience with civil design, e.g. by being involved in substation or power/cement plants or other complex civil projects
- have a good understanding of other engineering disciplines (HVAC, fire & safety, mechanical, and electrical, and how these are integrated in a civil design)
- have experience in managing design consultants or principal contractors within the civil industry
- are outgoing and take joy in being part of a project where coordination and collaboration with other project disciplines is essential
- are strong in writing/formulating technical documents so they’re easily understood and adopted by others.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 5 November 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Jeppe Pedersen, Senior Manager, Substations Engineering & Fab. Mgmt, by telephone on +45 992531 if you’d like to know more about the position.