IT- System development & Programming
Senior Technology Consultant
Imagine a future where you have internal and external training opportunities to grow professionally and where you’re surrounded by intelligent colleagues and benefit from a culture that’s focused on bringing out the best in you
Join us in this role where you’ll be one of our dedicated network and security experts. You’ll join a team of 14 employees operating our global network and, together with your colleagues, you’ll be responsible for handling and maintaining the day-to-day operation of the network infrastructure. Your primary task will be to manage and maintain our global network infrastructure monitoring tool SolarWinds.
Welcome to Network & Security Operation
You’ll be part of Network & Security Operation where you, together with your colleagues, will investigate and resolve network issues, inefficiencies, and performance issues. You’ll handle Cisco routers and switches, applying your strong technical command of routing and switching, e.g. BGP, OSPF, and STP. You’ll also offer support in relation to firewall (ASA and Palo Alto), wireless LAN, WAN, and LAN-related issues, and you’ll handle DNS and DHCP-related issues/requests.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing and maintaining SolarWinds and offering support in relation to technical issues with the tool
- creating new and managing existing dashboards, creating and managing custom MAPs using Network Atlas as well as managing nodes, reports, and setup alerts as per the department’s needs
- planning and executing integration between SolarWinds and other related tools such as ServiceNow
- setting up an NPM (Network Performance Monitoring) tool and troubleshooting NPM-related issues as well as reviewing, planning, and optimising new and existing NPM licensing (number of network elements needed)
- performing necessary system and DB upgrades of the system recommended by SolarWinds
- participating in ad hoc network projects such as product lifecycle management, network-related migration tasks, and patch management activities.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field
- have CCNA, CCNP, or SolarWinds certification as well as ITIL V3 Foundation Certification or equivalent ITIL experience using ServiceNow
- have a good understanding of and experience with networking and network security
- possess excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- have demonstrated customer interaction skills and teamwork competences
- speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 16 November 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Pramil Thandasseri Premakumar, Team Lead, Network & Security Operation, by telephone on +603 92124256 if you’d like to know more about the position
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll take part in network-related project activities or training which may require that you travel to other Group locations.