Business & Support- Management
Environmental & Decommissioning Manager
Imagine a future where you drive the consenting strategy for our Group’s decommissioning approach and help to set the standard for consent compliance across operational offshore wind farms in the UK
Join us in this multifaceted role where you’ll lead on the Group’s consenting strategy for decommissioning and also work as an environmental manager, with you and your colleagues being responsible for ensuring consent compliance across 12 operational offshore wind farms in the UK.
Welcome to UK Environment & Consents
You’ll be part of the Operations & Maintenance team where you, together with your colleagues, are committed to continuous improvement and driving forward our approach to consent compliance in the Group. You’ll work with a diverse range of stakeholders and be encouraged and supported to bring new ideas to the table to help us to set the standard for consent compliance.
You’ll play an important role in:
- helping to develop and implement the Group’s consenting strategy for the decommissioning approach
- engaging with key internal and external stakeholders throughout the process to ensure positive outcomes for all parties
- understanding the marine planning landscape and, where necessary, coordinating planning applications, which may include procuring and managing survey work
- taking day-to-day responsibility for helping to ensure consent compliance across the Group’s operational assets (you’ll typically be assigned a geographical region)
- providing advice and guidance to internal teams on environmental and licensing matters.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a related subject such as ecology or environmental science
- are familiar with the UK planning, licensing, and consenting regime
- have knowledge of, and preferably experience with, DCO and marine licensing processes in the offshore wind sector as well as with ongoing consent compliance and discharge of conditions
- have some experience with consent project management of large offshore projects, preferably offshore wind projects
- have experience dealing with a variety of stakeholders in challenging situations
- have experience delivering consents-related project activities to programme, cost, and specification.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 28 October 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on email@example.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be required to visit internal and external stakeholders across the UK.