Business & Support- Procurement
Senior Sustainability Advisor
Imagine a future where you work in the cross-field between sustainability and procurement helping suppliers and business partners meet our expectations on social, environmental, and ethical performance
Join us in this role where you’ll become part of the Responsible Business Partner Programme (RPP) team that helps deliver on our vision of a world that runs entirely on green energy. The team is responsible for our Code of Conduct (CoC) which forms the foundation for our continuous engagement with suppliers and business partners and for our corporate approach to respecting human rights.
Welcome to Global Sustainability
You’ll be part of a team where you, together with your colleagues, will be engaged in hands-on projects with suppliers and business partners as well as in strategic and operational supply chain sustainability initiatives in a department of dedicated sustainability professionals from around the world.
You’ll play an important role in:
- performing risk screenings of global suppliers and conducting on-site assessments of supplier performance in respect of our Code of Conduct
- working with global suppliers and helping them improve their adherence to our code of conduct by, for example, delivering innovative and effective supplier training
- working closely with key stakeholders across the organisation, ensuring that the programme is well implemented
- our internal and external reporting on RPP performance where you’ll take a lead role in ensuring high-quality input to external benchmark and rating initiatives
- driving the human rights agenda, including conducting analyses of salient human rights issues, and developing relevant internal policies and procedures.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in social sciences, business studies, or equivalent
- have relevant work experience that includes working in global organisations driving complex projects with broad stakeholder exposure
- have an interest in applying international conventions such as ILO conventions and the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights in a practical context
- potentially have experience in conducting on-site CoC assessments of suppliers
- have strong analytical skills and an investigative mindset, and you’re systematic and result-oriented in the way you work
- have excellent interpersonal skills and are proficient in written and verbal English.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 5 October 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Jens Christian Roth, Manager, Responsible Partners Programme, +45 99 55 25 78 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to travel about 30-40 days a year in relation to your work, performing on-site supplier assessments as well as participate in working groups and multi-stakeholder initiatives.