Technical jobs – Electricity & Electro technology
Senior High Voltage (HV) Specialist
Are you looking for an interesting and varied role working in a fast-moving professional environment?
Join us and become Senior HV Specialist in our HV Team supporting our offshore wind farms in the East of England where you’ll be responsible for undertaking all manners of maintenance activities on our HV assets. The role will be based both onshore and offshore, and you’ll report to the Regional HV Manager. We work as a team and help each other and thus benefit from each other’s competences.
We offer significant development opportunities, as our people are the most important catalyst for our future growth. Therefore, we need you to be excited about taking on new challenges and to be ready to shape the future with us. You must aim to be among the best within your field, have a global mindset and a desire to make a difference.
Your key tasks will be to
- ensure the safety of both planned and unplanned works on the high-voltage network
- train Wind Turbine Generator (WTG)-authorised persons to prepare them for authorisation in single-end feed high-voltage switching for planned works
- handle technical reporting and analyses
- create and follow high-voltage switching schedules and prepare, issue and cancel safety documents
- handle the communication and technical support for the wider organisation’s management
- work on OFTO assets up to and including 400kV.
You’ll furthermore manage our high-voltage assets, carrying out planned and reactive maintenance, and act as a site supervisor for contractors and working parties. In addition, you’ll work as part of the team to increase yield and reduce costs.
Your competences include that you
- have previous authorisation as a senior authorised person (SAP) at 400kV and are a safety-focused individual with faultless safety behaviour
- have demonstrable electro-mechanical competences that can be evidenced through a portfolio of achievements
- have completed a recognised apprenticeship and HNC/HND in an engineering discipline
- preferably have a NEBOSH General Certificate
- possess a growth-oriented mindset and have sufficient experience in performing testing and detailed analyses on WTG and substation equipment to diagnose faults
- have knowledge of HV protection systems and demonstrable knowledge of maintenance management and process control systems.
Join a global leader in green energy
Imagine a future where you power your career while creating a world that runs entirely on green energy. Ørsted has been ranked the world’s most sustainable company and is a global leader in offshore wind energy. With a market share of 30%, we’re not only transforming the way the world is powered – we’re leading the global green energy transition.
To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. You’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment where you learn from the best and get to work on challenging projects that will ignite your potential and unleash your talent.
An inclusive culture
At Ørsted, we believe that talent is diverse by nature. You’ll experience an inclusive culture that embraces diversity in thought and experience to solve challenges. And you’ll be valued for the unique contribution you make – and for being yourself.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 23 August 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on email@example.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Headquartered in Denmark, Ørsted’s 6,500 employees develop, construct and operate offshore and onshore wind farms, solar farms and energy storage facilities, bioenergy plants and provide energy products to its customers. Ørsted Offshore’s 2,700 employees have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we’re expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific. For more information on Ørsted, visit orsted.com.