Engineering & Science – Wind Power
Imagine a future where you’re working with specialists on state-of-the-art numerical models and tools that are driving the creation of offshore wind farms and enabling a green transformation
Join us in this role where you’ll develop your numerical capabilities and sharpen your software development skills whilst working with talented specialists and seeing the impact your deliverables have on the day-to-day operation.
Welcome to the Numerical Competence Centre
You’ll be part of the Numerical Competence Centre where you, together with your colleagues, will assist in the design and implementation of mathematical models and software systems used by technical experts and engineers across Offshore. You’ll be working closely with our team, domain specialists, and Group IT. Our main responsibility is to ensure robust and reliable tools through good software development practices, such as version control and systematic testing, as well as expert knowledge within a large range of mathematical disciplines.
You’ll play an important role in
- assisting with the design, implementation, and maintenance of software systems
- facilitating the use of basic software engineering practices, including version control and automatic testing
- participating in the streamlining of data formats through the Offshore organisation
- preparing presentations and maintaining our communication platforms such as the SharePoint workspaces.
To succeed in the role, you’ll have
- at least 1,5 years left of your studies within natural sciences or a related area such as computer science, maths, etc.
- a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- excellent communication skills
- experience working with one or more compiled and/or interpreted languages and have an overview of the strength and weaknesses of these.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application and grade transcripts no later than 2 August 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Mie Bach-Pedersen, Team Lead in the Numerical Competence Centre, +45 99 55 23 35 if you’d like to know more about the position.