Engineering & Science – Wind Power
Geotechnical Engineer for offshore wind projects
Do you want to help ensure high-quality geotechnical engineering support for the development of offshore wind projects on a global scale?
Join us and become a Geotechnical Engineer in our Geotechnical Site Assessment team where you’ll be responsible for delivering high-quality geotechnical engineering input to foundation design, installation assessments, power cable engineering, and more. You’ll be deeply involved in a suite of geotechnical tasks ranging from analysing data from field and laboratory testing to programming new in-house tools for use across all our offshore wind projects and rising markets globally.
We offer exciting opportunities to work with advanced offshore geotechnics together with many great colleagues from numerous countries who are passionate about their work and enjoy working together as a team.
Your key tasks will be to
- perform high-quality geotechnical data analyses and assessments for our offshore wind projects across the globe
- take active part in the development and programming of in-house tools to optimise the geotechnical data analyses
- assist in planning, scoping, and executing geotechnical site investigations and laboratory testing campaigns through project maturation phases, all the way through to construction
- receive, manage, and analyse large geotechnical datasets for providing high-quality geotechnical input to geotechnical design and installation predictions of the various offshore facilities at the site
- perform geotechnical site assessments, including interpretation of laboratory and in situ testing results as well as integrated ground modelling, the latter in close collaboration with our geophysicists
- report the engineering soil properties and assist the certification process.
Furthermore, you’ll be working closely together with other geotechnical engineers, geologists, and geophysicists in characterising our wind farm sites as well as interacting with different people from Engineering and IT in the development of in-house tools.
Your competences include that you
- have a master’s or PhD degree in geotechnical engineering or equivalent
- have a genuine interest in soil mechanics and geotechnical site characterisation
- are experienced in programming in different languages (Python, Matlab, etc.)
- are able to take personal responsibility and accountability and work with different tasks in parallel
- have a results-oriented approach to your work and show initiative and drive
- have good communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Join a global leader in green energy
Imagine a future where you power your career while creating a world that runs entirely on green energy. Ørsted has been ranked the world’s most sustainable company and is a global leader in offshore wind energy. With a market share of 30%, we’re not only transforming the way the world is powered – we’re leading the global green energy transition.
To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. You’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment where you learn from the best and get to work on challenging projects that will ignite your potential and unleash your talent.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 19 July 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Kris Wessel Andersen, Head of Geotechnical Site Assessment, by telephone on +45 99 55 10 71 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect to travel occasionally both domestically and internationally in relation to your work.