Business & Support- Procurement
Senior Portfolio Manager with commercial mindset and strong numerical skills
Would you like to interact with the European gas market and engage in portfolio optimisation?
Join us and become Senior Portfolio Manager in Asset Optimisation NWE, where you’ll be responsible for optimisation of the gas portfolio in Northwest Europe. Asset Optimisation NWE is part of the Gas Portfolio Management department in Gas Portfolio & Market Trading. We work in a matrix organisation and as Senior Portfolio Manager you’ll work in close cooperation with our Gas Origination team, Market Trading, Market Operations and other Asset Managers, as well as our many supporting functions.
We offer a high level of specialised expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. Working for us, you’ll obtain extensive business insight and a strong sense of responsibility. You’ll become part of a highly competent, ambitious and social team with the opportunity to influence the development of the department and in addition you’ll have unique opportunities for personal and professional development.
Your key tasks will be to
- optimise the PnL of our assets and portfolio while managing the risk and exposure
- maximise value from our asset portfolio using our optimisation setup and run optimisation models for selected assets
- implement new hedging strategies and enhance our risk management setup
- develop and manage new optimisation methods and models on asset and portfolio level
- assist in making new structured deals and further develop the gas portfolio
- ensure high quality reporting from optimisation activities.
Your competences include that you
- have a master’s degree or similar in mathematics, science, economics or some other quantitative discipline
- have knowledge of derivative pricing (such as Black-Scholes) and hedging as well as experience applying mathematical knowledge to commercial problems
- have strong IT skills with some programming experience (e.g. Python or C/C++)
- possess strong communication skills with the ability to speak and write English at business level
- preferably, have experience with pricing and hedging options, ideally from the energy industry
- are solutions-oriented, thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
Join a global leader in green energy
Imagine a future where you power your career while creating a world that runs entirely on green energy. Ørsted has been ranked the world’s most sustainable company and is a global leader in offshore wind energy. With a market share of 30%, we’re not only transforming the way the world is powered – we’re leading the global green energy transition.
To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. You’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment where you learn from the best and get to work on challenging projects that will ignite your potential and unleash your talent.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 12 July 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Lauge Årsnes, Head of Asset Optimisation NWE, by telephone on +45 99 55 56 96 if you’d like to know more about the position.